Join the B’nai Shalom team and see why faculty, and staff love B’nai!
B’nai Shalom is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a full range of benefits including paid vacation, paid sick days, health, vision and dental insurance, and profession development opportunities. We operate on an academic calendar and there are paid holidays when school is closed.
This is a full time, 10-month position. The Physical Education Teacher will maintain a healthy learning environment that supports the B’nai Shalom Day School mission statement. This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled and dedicated individual to be a significant contributor to an outstanding faculty. He or she will work with other teachers and staff as a contributing team member to present a cooperative and positive work environment.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Teach Preschool, Lower School and Middle School P.E. classes
- Coach middle school sports
- Generate an interest and love for physical fitness
- Continue to develop and implement our physical education curriculum to enhance physical, social and emotional growth
- Teach the basic fundamentals and principles of various sports
- Integrate character development activities and discussions into the curriculum
- Support the mission and core values of B’nai Shalom Day School
- Serve as an ambassador for the BSDS athletic program to model and promote the importance of fitness, competition, and sportsmanship
- Maintain professional competence through professional growth activities and collaboration
- Participate in grade level, divisional, and full faculty meetings and serve on faculty committees
- Attend divisional and school-wide required events (i.e. open houses, curriculum night)
- Dress professionally as outlined in the faculty handbook
- Present a positive image of B’nai Shalom Day School to the outside community, including social networking sites
- Other duties as assigned by Division Head or Head of School
SUPERVISION Directly reports to the Division Head
- A bachelor’s degree in Physical Education or related area of discipline with previous Physical Education teaching and coaching experience.
- A valid teaching certificate is strongly encouraged
- A minimum of 3 years teaching experience independent school is preferred
- Team orientation – able to work effectively with all members of the school, including the administrative team, other faculty members, parents, and students.
- Strong communication and organizational skills with high levels of attention to detail.
- Positive, enthusiastic, flexible and warm personality.
- Strong work ethic, proactive, and success-oriented.
- Ability to teach, model, and engage in physical activities with the students
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Susan Siegel, Head of School, at [email protected]
B’nai Shalom is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a full range of benefits including paid vacation, paid sick days, health, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance, and ongoing professional development. We operate on an academic calendar and there are paid holidays when school is closed.
Additional Application Instructions
Applicants will be sent a full employment application pending the review of their resume and cover letter.
Infant Room Teacher
Our state licensed preschool at B’nai Shalom Day School is hiring teachers for our youngest students, with openings in the infant room. Teachers must be knowledgeable in early child development, professional and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. This is a physically demanding job which requires standing, sitting on the floor and holding/carrying children.
Under the guidance of the Preschool Director you will participate in all aspects of the program. The successful candidate will have at least an Associate degree in ECE, a minimum of two years of preschool classroom experience or the equivalent.
This position is a full-time salaried position and offers a full range of benefits including paid vacation and sick days, health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, and ongoing professional development. We operate on an academic calendar and there are paid holidays when school is closed. Additional information about B’nai Shalom Day School is available on our web site at www.bnai-shalom.org.
B’nai Shalom is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, handicap, disability, citizenship, or any other protected status. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, compensation, and training.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]