The 8th grade trip of a lifetime continues with a trip to Masada and a swim in the Dead Sea. Over the weekend, students tried their hand at farming and digging at the Archeological Seminary at Beit Guvrin, and then picked and tasted their way through Shvil Hasalat.
Each year, B’nai Shalom’s 8th grade class heads to Israel on a trip of a lifetime. Please enjoy photos from the first 3 days of the trip! Check back for more photos.
8:00 – 8:20
All school Opening Ceremony/Beth David Chapel
- Why is today special?
- Who was MLK?
- What did he stand for and how do those tenets align with the Jewish Faith.
- Watch the I have a dream speech
8:20 – 9:15
Interactive Video Experience/Multi-Purpose Room
Pre-K – grade 8
9:20 – 10:20
*Guest Speaker Earl Jones- cofounder of the Civil Rights Museum and many other accomplishments will share his experiences.
*Snack/Activity with Ms. Susan
*Reading- Preschool students will have buddy time and read books together.
10:20 – 12:00
1. Toiletry packing for Interactive Resource Center (IRC)/Media Center – Guest Speaker, Manuel Hyman, volunteer coordinator
2. Art Project/Science Lab
3. Mock Sit-in/conference room – Guidance Counselor Ms. Shepard
12:00 – 12:15
Peace Ceremony and Prayer with Rabbi Skye
12:15 – 1:15
Community Lunch & Table Top Discussions
1:15 – 1:45
Spoken Word Poetry Performance by Josephus Thompson
1:45 – 2:45
Lower School Creative Reflection Activity
- Grades K-1/Ms. Neff’s Room
- Grades 2-4/Ms. Smith’s Room
Students will work together to write/create a visual presentation (collage, poster, art piece) based on their own dreams for:
- the community
- the country
- the world
Upper School Spoken Word Poetry Workshop with Josephus Thompson
2:45 – 3:10
All School Closing Ceremony/Beth David Chapel
- What was the best part of the day?
- What was the hardest part?
- What did you learn?
- Re-watch I have a dream speech
- Moment of silence