8:00 – 8:20
All school Opening Ceremony/Beth David Chapel
- Why is today special?
- Who was MLK?
- What did he stand for and how do those tenets align with the Jewish Faith.
- Watch the I have a dream speech
8:20 – 9:15
Interactive Video Experience/Multi-Purpose Room
Pre-K – grade 8
9:20 – 10:20
*Guest Speaker Earl Jones- cofounder of the Civil Rights Museum and many other accomplishments will share his experiences.
*Snack/Activity with Ms. Susan
*Reading- Preschool students will have buddy time and read books together.
10:20 – 12:00
1. Toiletry packing for Interactive Resource Center (IRC)/Media Center – Guest Speaker, Manuel Hyman, volunteer coordinator
2. Art Project/Science Lab
3. Mock Sit-in/conference room – Guidance Counselor Ms. Shepard
12:00 – 12:15
Peace Ceremony and Prayer with Rabbi Skye
12:15 – 1:15
Community Lunch & Table Top Discussions
1:15 – 1:45
Spoken Word Poetry Performance by Josephus Thompson
1:45 – 2:45
Lower School Creative Reflection Activity
- Grades K-1/Ms. Neff’s Room
- Grades 2-4/Ms. Smith’s Room
Students will work together to write/create a visual presentation (collage, poster, art piece) based on their own dreams for:
- the community
- the country
- the world
Upper School Spoken Word Poetry Workshop with Josephus Thompson
2:45 – 3:10
All School Closing Ceremony/Beth David Chapel
- What was the best part of the day?
- What was the hardest part?
- What did you learn?
- Re-watch I have a dream speech
- Moment of silence